The March 1, 2019 inservice day has been moved to March 8, 2019. March 1 will now be a regular student day. There will be no school for students on March 8.
The Glenburn School Board has a vacancy through June 2019. If you are interested in applying, please contact Superintendent Christine Boone (942-4405 or email@example.com) or School Board President Rose Thompson (942-0465 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
GLENBURN PARENTS: We are collecting information concerning the possibility of an after-school homework club being offered at Glenburn School. During this time, students would receive support with their homework and would also use music and art to reinforce what they are learning. If you have students attending Glenburn School, please take a moment to complete the survey linked below.
Link to survey: Click here
Due to the weather, there is no school at Glenburn School today, November 16, 2018.
There are still slots available to meet with teachers at our parent-teacher conferences. Conferences will be held from 3:10 PM to 6:50 PM on November 8 and November 15 and from 12:20 PM to 2:50 PM on November 16. You can sign up for slots by visiting our online registration at https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/GLENBURN_SCHOOL.
School will dismiss at 11:30 tomorrow, October 31st. Thursday, November 1 is a teacher workshop day with no student classes.
Glenburn School Board Meeting
Glenburn Municipal Building
Tuesday October 23rd, 2018 – 7:00 P.M.
☐Rose Thompson ☐Stephen Rich
☐Sue O’Roak ☐Misty O’Leary
A. Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
B. Agenda Adjustments
2. Consideration of Minutes
A. September 18, 2018
3. Public Comment
A. Approval of Co/Extra Curricular Activities for FY 2018-2019
• Cheering Coach, Alexandra Cookson @ $2000.00
• A Boys Basketball, Brandon Thayer @ $2310.00
• B Boys Basketball, Chad Davis @ $2310.00
• A Girls Basketball, Carey Besse @ $3216.23
5. Staff Recognition/Student Recognition
“Reports can be presented orally or by written summary in advance.”
A. Superintendent – See Attached
• On-Site Safety and Health Consultation
• Chronic Absenteeism
B. Curriculum Coordinator/Principal – See Attached
C. Assistant Principal
D. Special Education Director
E. Technology Director
F. Business Manager
G. Committee Reports
A. First Read of Revised Policies – See Attached
• JICK – Bullying and Cyberbullying
• JIC – Student Code of Conduct
• JJID – Physical Examinations for Student Athletes
B. First Read of New Policies – See Attached
• ECAD – Security Cameras
• JICI – Extra and Co-Curricular Student Code of Conduct
• JLCIB – Student Dismissal Precautions
• KI – Volunteers to the School – Visitors to the School
• September 25, 2018
• October 2, 2018
2. Joint Professional Discussions
6. High School Sub-Committee
7. Public Library Board
8 . Old Business –
9. New Business
A. Strategic Plan Summary
• Proposed dates for Retreats
10. Recommendation or Questions from Individual Board Members
11. Public Comment
12. Establish Next Meeting Date
Glenburn Municipal Building – November 27th, 2018
Any citizen who wishes to participate in this meeting and who needs special accommodations due to a disability should contact the Superintendent’s Office immediately at 942-4405.
There is no school on Monday, October 8 due to the Columbus Day holiday.