There are still slots available to meet with teachers at our parent-teacher conferences. Conferences will be held from 3:10 PM to 6:50 PM on November 8 and November 15 and from 12:20 PM to 2:50 PM on November 16. You can sign up for slots by visiting our online registration at https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/GLENBURN_SCHOOL.
School will dismiss at 11:30 tomorrow, October 31st. Thursday, November 1 is a teacher workshop day with no student classes.
Glenburn School Board Meeting
Glenburn Municipal Building
Tuesday October 23rd, 2018 – 7:00 P.M.
☐Rose Thompson ☐Stephen Rich
☐Sue O’Roak ☐Misty O’Leary
A. Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
B. Agenda Adjustments
2. Consideration of Minutes
A. September 18, 2018
3. Public Comment
A. Approval of Co/Extra Curricular Activities for FY 2018-2019
• Cheering Coach, Alexandra Cookson @ $2000.00
• A Boys Basketball, Brandon Thayer @ $2310.00
• B Boys Basketball, Chad Davis @ $2310.00
• A Girls Basketball, Carey Besse @ $3216.23
5. Staff Recognition/Student Recognition
“Reports can be presented orally or by written summary in advance.”
A. Superintendent – See Attached
• On-Site Safety and Health Consultation
• Chronic Absenteeism
B. Curriculum Coordinator/Principal – See Attached
C. Assistant Principal
D. Special Education Director
E. Technology Director
F. Business Manager
G. Committee Reports
A. First Read of Revised Policies – See Attached
• JICK – Bullying and Cyberbullying
• JIC – Student Code of Conduct
• JJID – Physical Examinations for Student Athletes
B. First Read of New Policies – See Attached
• ECAD – Security Cameras
• JICI – Extra and Co-Curricular Student Code of Conduct
• JLCIB – Student Dismissal Precautions
• KI – Volunteers to the School – Visitors to the School
• September 25, 2018
• October 2, 2018
2. Joint Professional Discussions
6. High School Sub-Committee
7. Public Library Board
8 . Old Business –
9. New Business
A. Strategic Plan Summary
• Proposed dates for Retreats
10. Recommendation or Questions from Individual Board Members
11. Public Comment
12. Establish Next Meeting Date
Glenburn Municipal Building – November 27th, 2018
Any citizen who wishes to participate in this meeting and who needs special accommodations due to a disability should contact the Superintendent’s Office immediately at 942-4405.
There is no school on Monday, October 8 due to the Columbus Day holiday.
Ghoul’s Night Out is SOLD OUT. Thanks everyone for your interest!
It’s A Halloween Party!!!
Drop your child off at school Friday morning and don’t worry about them until 7pm! Mrs. Thayer will have many fun Halloween activities planned to keep them busy!
Costume Party * Crafts * Dance Party * movie And so much more!
When: Friday, October 26th
Where: Glenburn School
Grades: PreK – 5th Grade
Time: Right after school – 7pm
Student Information update forms went home with students on September 26. Please review these for correctness, make any changes directly on the form, sign at the bottom, and return them to the school as soon as possible.
PICTURE DAY: School pictures will be taking place October 4. Picture forms will be coming home with students on September 26.
BUS SCHEDULE CHANGE: Due to a road closure, some of our bus routes will be altered Friday afternoon, September 21. Bus 18 students will be dropped off later than usual due to the bus having to travel around the closure. Bus 17 will not be able to drop off students on the Lancaster Brook Road and these students will have to be picked up at the school.